Monday

Market Research: Questionnaires for my Newspaper

Over the course of my project I created questionnaires on the production of my newspaper. 14 individuals in my target audience filled out these questionnaires. To show gender representation   7 of them were male and the other half were female.  To represent the different races at least 5 individuals of each gender were of a specific race (Black, English/white, and Asian).  To represent the different ages 7 individuals were 16- 18 and the other half were in the 19-21 age category. This market research not only helped me with the production process but it also gave me a sense of direction on the best ways suitable for my target market. The topics for the questionnaires are listed below:


The aim of these questionnaires is in connection to the uses and gratification theory in identidying the areas in which my target audience want to read and how they want it look. This will also help a lot with appealing to them as well. It will also appeal to them as an aspect of personal identity will be instilled as they will be able to find areas that they can identify and associate with.















Newspaper layouts

1)Which layout best appeal to you?

8 people chose figure 1
6 people chose figure 2
2) What layout would make you want to buy the newspaper?
 
11 people chose figure 1
3 people chose figure 2

Newspaper Images
3) Would you prefer to see an image of someone you could associate with at the present moment or someone you aspire to become?

9 people chose ‘someone you could associate with’
5 people chose someone ‘someone you aspire to become’

4) what kind of reflection would you like to see in these images?

3 people chose ‘Youth Crime’
3 people chose ‘Positive news...’
8 people chose ‘I don’t mind...’
Newspaper fonts
5) What fonts would you like to read in your newspaper?
 
10 people chose ‘Ms Reference’
2 people chose ‘Arial’
2 people chose ‘Other’


No comments:

Post a Comment